[Python-Dev] Issue #10348: concurrent.futures doesn't work on BSD

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Sun Jan 2 14:09:39 CET 2011

Le jeudi 30 décembre 2010 à 17:05 +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" a écrit :
> > I really don't think it is our job to maintain a list of OS/versions
> > which work and don't work.
>
> Of course not. I would propose a dynamic test: check how many POSIX
> semaphores the installation supports, and fail if it's less than
> 200 (say).

I added informations about FreeBSD, NetBSD, Darwin and OpenBSD to the
issue #10348:
http://bugs.python.org/issue10348#msg125042

The maximum number of POSIX semaphores can be read with sysctl:
 - FreeBSD: "p1003_1b.sem_nsems_max"
 - NetBSD: "kern.posix.semmax"
 - Darwin: "kern.posix.sem.max"
 - OpenBSD: (no support)