[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] devguide: Start a doc on running and writing unit tests.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 5 23:43:32 CET 2011

> +The shortest, simplest way of running the test suite is::
> +
> +    ./python -m test

Not on Windows.
C:\Programs\Python32>./python -m test
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

python -m test
  works (until it failed, separate issue).

I would like to know, insofar as possible, how to run tests from the
interpreter prompt (or IDLE simulation thereof)

from whatmod import whatfunc; whatfunc() # ??

ditto for such remaining alternatives you give as can be made from prompt.

Besides the convenience for Windows users (for whom the Command Prompt
window is hidden away and possibly unknown), I think we should know if
any tests are incompatible with interactive mode.

---
Terry Jan Reedy