[Python-Dev] Where are Python 2.5.5 binaries for Windows?

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:08:06 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 13:56, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 13:04, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I need Python 2.5.5 binaries to run Google AppEngine SDK 1.4.1 on
> >> Windows, but can't find them on
> >> http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.5/
> >>
> >> Why are they removed?
> >> --
> >> anatoly t.
> >
> > Nothing was removed. From that page: "This is a source-only release that
> > only includes security fixes."
>
> Oh. Thanks. The page should have a more prominent Download section
> with a direct link to a page with previous release binaries.

That's right next to the other sentence I mentioned: "The last full bug-fix
release of Python 2.5 was Python
2.5.4<http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.4/>
."

Not many
> people know English to figure this out from the text even if they are
> able to follow AppEngine tutorials in Russian.
> --
> anatoly t.

There hasn't been a problem with this in the past that I know of, so I
suspect a lot of people actually do understand the page and English, but I
imagine translations of the page might be accepted.