[Python-Dev] Where are Python 2.5.5 binaries for Windows?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:54:38 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Nothing was removed. From that page: "This is a source-only release that
>> > only includes security fixes."
>>
>> Oh. Thanks. The page should have a more prominent Download section
>> with a direct link to a page with previous release binaries.
>
> That's right next to the other sentence I mentioned: "The last full bug-fix
> release of Python 2.5 was Python 2.5.4."

That's not consistent with the download section present on all other pages.

>> Not many
>> people know English to figure this out from the text even if they are
>> able to follow AppEngine tutorials in Russian.
> There hasn't been a problem with this in the past that I know of, so I
> suspect a lot of people actually do understand the page and English, but I
> imagine translations of the page might be accepted.

Of course you can't know about problems that users complain about in
Russian, but ok, the page can be translated.

BTW, the page http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.5/ lists
wrong latest release of Python 2.7 version.
--
anatoly t.