[Python-Dev] [python-committers] [RELEASED] Python 3.2 rc 1

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:31:42 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Mark Summerfield <list at qtrac.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> I can't be sure it is a bug, but there is a definite difference of
> behavior between 3.0/3.1 and 3.2rc1.
>
> I can do the relative import with Python 3.0 and 3.1 but not with
> 3.2rc1:

Are you sure that the package that you are trying to import is the
PYTHONPATH of your system's Python 3.0 and Python 3.1
and Not in RC1? Looks to me a PYTHONPATH problem than a problem with rc1.

- I tried to recreate the directory structure that you mentioned and
tried from Graphics.Vector import *
It failed with ImportError on python3, 3.1 and rc.

- Just to test the relative imports, I created a directory structure
as mentioned here: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0328/
and tried to test the relative import for usecase :- from ..moduleA
import foo and works fine in rc1.

- I also find that your use case (from ..Graphics import XPM in
Graphics/Vector/Svg.py) is not one of the listed ones in PEP-0328.

--
Senthil