[Python-Dev] Moving stuff out of Misc and over to the devguide

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:12:08 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> I am not describing what is in Misc.
>
> It comes down to a question of whether any core dev-specific stuff
> should be in Misc that is not a configuration file or not. I say no,
> that the directory should contain stuff that applies to everyone and
> not specifically to core devs.

In that case, I think the memory profiling and debugging info should
stay there, as should the build info.

Not only can that stuff change between version, but it can all be
useful to people that are merely embedding Python or invoking other
code from it, and need to dig deeply into what is going on to figure
things out.

Cheers,
Nick.