[Python-Dev] Import and unicode: part two

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed Jan 19 22:10:35 CET 2011

Le mercredi 19 janvier 2011 à 13:38 -0500, Alexander Belopolsky a
écrit :
> PEP 3131 does not distinguish between different types of identifiers,
> so I think it assumes that non-ascii module names should be supported.

My opinion is that we should suport non-ASCII module names and
unencodable paths if it doesn't introduce an overhead (make Python
slower and add a lot of code). My patch adds ~400 lines of code (I think
that it is small: the patch adds many functions), but I think that it
makes Python as fast, or maybe faster.

Victor