[Python-Dev] Import and unicode: part two

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jan 20 06:11:33 CET 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:02 AM, Glenn Linderman wrote:

> But for local code, having to think up an ASCII name for a module rather than use the obvious native-language name, is just brain-burden when creating the code.

Is it really?  You already had to type 'import', presumably if you can think in Python you can think in ASCII.

(After my experiences with namespace crowding in Twisted, I'm inclined to suggest something more like "import m_07117FE4A1EBD544965DC19573183DA2 as café" - then I never need to worry about "café2" looking ugly or "cafe" being incompatible :).)