[Python-Dev] Import and unicode: part two

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jan 21 10:53:33 CET 2011

> I don't want Python to encourage people to use non-ascii module names.

I don't think the feature is open for debate anymore. PEP 3131 has been
accepted (after *long* debates), and I'll pronounce that supporting
non-ASCII module names is a direct consequence of having it accepted.
Of course, there may be limitations with respect to operating systems,
and in the way Python modules integrate with the file system - but
that non-ASCII module names must be supported is really out of question.

If you would like this to be reverted, you need to write another PEP.

Regards,
Martin