[Python-Dev] Beta version of the new devguide

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jan 24 16:46:01 CET 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:08:00 -0800
Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> Two, what should the final URL be? Georg picked the current one and I
> am happy with it.

Ditto for me.

> Three, where should it be linked from? docs.python.org homepage?
> Four, what to do with www.python.org/dev/? Redirect for all the pages?

Right, this whole area (wpo/dev) looks obsolete to me. The devguide
allows us to easily edit and improve development-related docs, which is
great! It should be accessible easily from the main site. Perhaps
"core development" should be renamed "contributing" and redirect to the
devguide. Also, the submenu displayed below "core development" can be
trimmed dramatically.

(then there's the question of whether the devguide should be
exhaustive; should it contain reference-like material about
all aspects of core development?)

Regards

Antoine.