[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r88197 - python/branches/py3k/Lib/email/generator.py

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Jan 26 18:43:52 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 04:34, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Victor Stinner
> <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:
>> I was stupid to not run at least test_email, sorry. And no, I didn't ask
>> for a review, because I thought that such minor change cannot be
>> harmful.
>
> During the RC period, *everything* that touches the code base should
> be reviewed by a second committer before checkin, and sanctioned by
> the RM as well. This applies even for apparently trivial changes.

Especially as this is not the first slip-up; Raymond had a
copy-and-paste slip that broke the buildbots. Luckily he was in
#python-dev when it happened and it was noticed fast enough he fixed
in in under a minute.

So yes, even stuff we would all consider minor **must** have a review.
Time to update the devguide I think.

-Brett