[Python-Dev] MSI: Remove dependency from win32com.client module (issue4080047)

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 21:58:43 CET 2011

Am 31.01.2011 21:45, schrieb techtonik at gmail.com:
> There is no b.p.o issue as it's not a bug, but a tiny copy/paste patch
> to clean up the code a bit while I am trying to understand how to add
> Python to the PATH.
>
> I see no reason for b.p.o bureaucracy. Mercurial-style workflow [1] is
> more beneficial to development as it doesn't require switching from
> console to browser for submitting changes. This way tiny changes can be
> integrated/updated more rapidly.

The tracker is not bureaucracy, it's how our development process works.
I know that Mercurial uses a different process, with patches always going
to the mailing list and being reviewed there, but that would be way too
much volume for python-dev considering our number of patches.

BTW, you should be able to send emails to report at bugs.python.org in order
to create new issues, and attachments will automatically become attached
to the bug reports.

Georg