[Python-Dev] MSI: Remove dependency from win32com.client module (issue4080047)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:05:12 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 31.01.2011 21:45, schrieb techtonik at gmail.com:
>> There is no b.p.o issue as it's not a bug, but a tiny copy/paste patch
>> to clean up the code a bit while I am trying to understand how to add
>> Python to the PATH.
>>
>> I see no reason for b.p.o bureaucracy. Mercurial-style workflow [1] is
>> more beneficial to development as it doesn't require switching from
>> console to browser for submitting changes. This way tiny changes can be
>> integrated/updated more rapidly.
>
> The tracker is not bureaucracy, it's how our development process works.

Don't you want to improve this process? Code review system is a much
better place to review patches than mailing list or bug tracker.
Especially patches that are not related to actual bugs.

> I know that Mercurial uses a different process, with patches always going
> to the mailing list and being reviewed there, but that would be way too
> much volume for python-dev considering our number of patches.

Seems reasonable. Do you have any stats how many patches are sent
weekly and how many of them are actually integrated?

> BTW, you should be able to send emails to report at bugs.python.org in order
> to create new issues, and attachments will automatically become attached
> to the bug reports.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind.
--
anatoly t.