[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Remove mention of medical condition from the test suite.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Jul 5 18:42:29 CEST 2011

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 01:23:55 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Antoine Pitrou writes:
>
>  > I sincerely hope we don't start using the word "professional" to denote
>  > "careful" or "good quality".
>
> No, by "professional" I mean "of a profession," which is a service
> that is provided by experts to laymen, and therefore demands adherence
> to certain standards since the clients are not able to judge the
> product for themselves, but in general must trust the vendor.  The
> care and good quality proceed from the commitment of the professional.

I see. But the "experts" are not necessarily vendors (we aren't), and
our users aren't "clients". Besides, we are not merely providing a
service, we are building a community where everyone can take part in
the shared work, thereby blurring the barrier between "experts" and
"laymen".

Regards

Antoine.