[Python-Dev] [PEPs] Rebooting PEP 394 (aka Support the /usr/bin/python2 symlink upstream)

Kerrick Staley mail at kerrickstaley.com
Sun Jul 24 04:48:43 CEST 2011

I put up a tracker issue at http://bugs.python.org/issue12627

There are patches for 2.7 as well as tip, but they only fix the
Makefiles; no changes are done to documentation.

Also, Ned, it appears that Python 2.7 doesn't install the Idle or
PyDoc binaries (grep the 2.7 Makefile to see what I mean), so I didn't
make any changes related to idle2 or pydoc2.

-Kerrick Staley