[Python-Dev] cpython: Fix closes Issue11281 - smtplib.STMP gets source_address parameter, which adds

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Sat Jul 30 16:07:58 CEST 2011

Hello Antoine,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 08:46:00AM +0200, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> (I know PEP 8 is not always followed in old code, but there's no reason
> not to follow it in code that we add to the stdlib)

Thanks for pointing out. I somehow overlooked it. I shall refactor
that lib.

> Unless this test is also using some kind of mock socket (it doesn't
> seem to), this can break as soon as port 19876 is already in use.

Yes, there is one test which does not follow the mock socket and had
not realized this it may break when run in parallel (and 19876 is
use). Shall use the test facilities which are provided to resolve
(/synchronize) that condition.

> > +        print(dir(smtp))

:-) That's was definitely my unintentional mistake. Funny that when I
ran the individual tests a couple of times, I did not see that
remaining and hard to see it when run the entire suite. Should
be removed.

--
Senthil