[Python-Dev] is anyone using Misc/RPM?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jun 12 23:39:39 CEST 2011

Am 12.06.2011 22:37, schrieb Benjamin Peterson:
> I also don't think we
> should be in business of distributing distribution specific files.

I disagree. We certainly include PCbuild/*.vcproj, and Tools/msi,
which are also "distribution-specific". Likewise, we have plenty
of OSX-specific files (including special-casing for specific releases
thereof).

So having an RPM spec file in the source doesn't sound bad to me.
Of course, if it's unmaintained (in the sense that it doesn't
actually work), I could agree to have it deleted. Make sure
Sean Reifschneider doesn't object.

People are apparently using it - at least, they report bugs
against it:

http://bugs.python.org/issue5776
http://bugs.python.org/issue5063

Regards,