[Python-Dev] Lazy unpacking for struct module

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 13 00:18:53 CEST 2011

Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> The problem you're trying to solve isn't unique to structs.
> That's why we get periodic requests for ropes-like behaviors

I don't think he's asking for rope-like behaviour here.
Rather, he's asking for iterator-like or view-like
behaviour -- for the same reasons we have both zip() and
izip(), for example, or that dict.items() became a
view in Py3. It seems like a reasonable request to me.

However, I'm wondering whether the ctypes module might
already provide what he wants.

--
Greg