[Python-Dev] Parser/intrcheck.c

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jun 21 01:40:02 CEST 2011

I think it's safe to remove it. The last reference to it I found was
in the 2.0 release, where there is a Parser/Makefile (generated from
Parser/Makefile.in) which contains the following gem:

# This target is used by the master Makefile to add the objects to the library
add2lib:        $(OBJS)
                $(AR) cr $(LIBRARY) $(AROBJS)
                if test ! -f ../Modules/hassignal; \
                then echo adding intrcheck.o; $(AR) r $(LIBRARY) intrcheck.o; \
                else echo leaving intrcheck.o out; fi
                touch add2lib

This Makefile.in was deleted in http://svn.python.org/view?view=revision

So I think you're fine killing that file.

--Guido

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I may be missing something, but I'm wondering whether
> Parser/intrcheck.c is still used anywhere.
>
> It's only mentioned in some comments:
>
> $ grep -r intrcheck.c *
> Modules/signalmodule.c:1197:/* Replacements for intrcheck.c functionality
> PC/os2vacpp/makefile.omk:217:  # intrcheck.c     -- Not Referenced by Anyone (?)
> Python/sigcheck.c:3:   interrupt occurs.  It can't be in the intrcheck.c file since that
>
> And if I remove it and "make clean", I can still rebuild successfully.
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)