[Python-Dev] svn.python.org confusion

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 03:05:18 CEST 2011

Ned Deily <nad <at> acm.org> writes:

> Could some text be added to the svn browser pages to at least indicate
> that the repo is no longer being updated with a link to the
> hg.python.org browser?   I'm not sure what to do about the repos
> themselves if people attempt to do an svn co.  Perhaps that should just
> be disabled totally for python?

At least some of the stuff in the SVN repo is still needed, AFAICT. I recently
did a build of the Python Windows binary installer, and I understand (from the
buildbot instructions) that the best source of some of the external dependencies
(bz2, Tcl/Tk, openssl etc.) is still the SVN repo.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip