[Python-Dev] speed.python.org machine online

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:05:32 CEST 2011

I've posted a more expansive entry on my blog:
http://jessenoller.com/2011/06/29/announcing-the-new-speed-python-org-machine/

But the short version, that as discussed at the VM and language
summit, we now have a hosted machine dedicated to the running of
cross-interpreter speed tests, etc. The hardware was generously donate
by HP and the hosting provided, again, free, by OSU/OSL.

DL380 HP DL380G7 X5670 LFF (2U)
Dual HP NC382i Dual Port Mul­ti­func­tion Giga­bit Server Adapters
HP Smart Array P410i/1GB FBWC Controller
4x 4GB (1x4GB) Dual Rank x4 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Reg­is­tered CAS-9 Mem­ory Kit
2x HP 750W Com­mon Slot Gold Hot Plug Power Sup­ply Kit
HP iLO Advanced includ­ing 1yr 24x7 Tech­ni­cal Sup­port and Updates
Elec­tronic  License
4x HP 300GB 6G SAS 15K rpm LFF (3.5-inch) Dual Port Enter­prise 3yr
War­ranty Hard Drive
2   HP DL380 G7 Intel® Xeon® X5680 (3.33GHz/6-core/130W/12MB) FIO Proces­sor Kit

With hyperthreading on, the machine has 24 cores, and handily
translates pypy using cpython 2.7 in about half the time it typically
takes.

I am looking forward to handing this over to the team who will be
running with the project from here on out - special thanks to Van, Bob
Gobeille at HP and the entire OSU/OSL team.

jesse