[Python-Dev] devinabox: Add a Python script which will run the test suite in the most rigorous way

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Mar 2 00:10:44 CET 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:05:25 -0600
skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     Antoine> Well, "make buildbottest" should do the trick.
>
> Perhaps it should be given a somewhat less specialized sounding name...

It *is* specialized since it's meant primarily for the buildbots :)
It happens to be usable by anyone else, but that's not the goal.

That said, I think it's usually best to choose the desired flags for
the task at hand, which will of course vary (do you want to test
refleaks? to enable networking or largefile tests? do you have
several CPUs to spawn tests in parallel on?). The devguide has a small
section about this:
http://docs.python.org/devguide/runtests.html#running

(also, as Brett mentioned, a make target doesn't really help Windows
users)

Regards

Antoine.