[Python-Dev] Support the /usr/bin/python2 symlink upstream

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 5 23:40:05 CET 2011

>> With that settled, there is the issue of Start menu shortcuts. I
>> thought we had agreed to put version specific labels on them so we
>> would not have, for instance, identical 'IDLE (Python GUI)' items in
>> the frequently used list. I guess that got lost without a PEP to put
>> it on. Now there is?

That would be a bug tracker level issue. I know that I'm bad at wording
things (not having English as my native language), so I need somebody
to tell me every little detail (preferably by means of a patch). The
bug tracker is the right place for that. Agreements on python-dev are
quickly forgotten.

Regards,
Martin