[Python-Dev] small commit emails nit

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:52:08 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:17:35 -0600
> Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
>> I wonder if we couldn't kill the "cpython" repo name in the commit
>> mails. I find it wastes space for the commit message in the subject
>> line, and it's pretty obvious it's the cpython repo from the branch
>> name.
>
> Well, right now commits  in the default branch don't get "(default)"
> displayed. Should we change that?

I'm actually OK with the status quo, but if we were going to change
it, I would continue to leave (default) out.

Completely unqualified = cpython default
Only branch name = cpython branch
Only repository name = other repository default
repository name and branch name = other repository branch

Such a change would get a +0 from me.

Cheers,
Nick.