[Python-Dev] [PEPs] Support the /usr/bin/python2 symlink upstream

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:18:40 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 09:07, Michael Urman <murman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Glenn Linderman hit the use cases on the head; I'm unclear why
> he was against the overhead of a helper executable.

Interpreter startup time is increasing with every version IIRC**, so adding
another slowdown means we have to step very carefully in this area. I'm +1
for much of the usability side of things, but we must remain mindful of
performance.

** I've run some numbers but they're at work, so I'll have to grab them
tomorrow.