[Python-Dev] (Final?) release of Python 2.5 in April

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 6 21:31:40 CET 2011

According to our security fix policy, Python 2.5 releases can happen
until September 2011. Since there are unreleased changes, I plan to
make a release "soon", which likely means April. I'll call this
tentatively the "final" release of Python 2.5, even though security
issues discovered after wards could require yet another release in
September/October.

So if you have any pending security fixes that you want to get into 2.5,
please start committing them. Committing them into Mercurial is fine,
even though I'm going to make the release from Subversion (copying all
new changesets over as necessary).

Regards,
Martin