[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] (3.1): transform izip_longest #11424

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Tue Mar 8 07:57:20 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 20:57, benjamin.peterson
<python-checkins at python.org>wrote:

> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/a7e0cff05597
> changeset:   68323:a7e0cff05597
> branch:      3.1
> parent:      68317:d9125bf3bac5
> user:        Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>
> date:        Mon Mar 07 22:50:37 2011 -0600
> summary:
>  transform izip_longest #11424

Could we get a little less cryptic checkin messages? I have no idea what
this is supposed to mean (and it doesn't look related to
http://bugs.python.org/issue11424 either.) When looking through the changes
(for example when figuring out when a change was introduced and whether it
was intentional) it's really helpful if the checkin message explains the
intent without having to visit the bugtracker for each one.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!