[Python-Dev] [PEPs] Support the /usr/bin/python2 symlink upstream

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:31:53 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 03:40, Gertjan Klein <gklein at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> A launcher might be difficult to integrate into the Python installer, as
> there can, by definition, only be one. What if I install a new version
> of Python and then uninstall it? Will the launcher be uninstalled as
> well? Will it be reverted to a previous version, and if so, which?

As long as component rules are maintained (the same components with
same GUIDs install the same files in the same locations) and they are
marked shared, Windows Installer will handle everything for us. If the
files have versions the way Windows Installer can process them, it
will even keep the highest version of the file in place.

--
Michael Urman