[Python-Dev] hg mq workflow is broken (issue11450)

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Wed Mar 9 09:15:33 CET 2011

I wanted to draw attention to issue11450 [1]. In trying to using mq to
work on patches for CPython, I found that I could no longer get regrtest
to run. This issue comes down to the size of the output of
"hg id -t ." being much longer than expected.

$ hg qnew dummy-patch
$ echo "/* dummy change */" >> Modules/getbuildinfo.c
$ ./python -c 'import sys; print(sys.version)'
3.3a0 (dummy-patch qbase qtip tip:191f047a07b4+, Mar  9 )
[GCC 4.4.5]

This is a showstopper for using mq and CPython, since you can no longer
run regrtest because the platform module cannot parse that truncated string.

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com
scodial at cs.indiana.edu