[Python-Dev] Bugs in thread_nt.h

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 10 11:24:11 CET 2011

> This behavior (which "volatile" aggravates) unfortunately makes it
> even tougher to find race conditions. In my experience,
 > volatile should be avoided. I'd even bet money that some grumpy
> person has written a "volatile considered harmful" essay.

I guess all this advice doesn't really apply to this case, though.
The Microsoft API declares the parameter as a volatile*, indicating
that they consider it "proper" usage of the API to declare the storage
volatile. So ISTM that we should comply regardless of whether volatile
is considered "morally wrong" in the general case.

Regards,
Martin