[Python-Dev] Bugs in thread_nt.h

Eugene Toder eltoder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:27:48 CET 2011

> I guess all this advice doesn't really apply to this case, though.
> The Microsoft API declares the parameter as a volatile*, indicating
> that they consider it "proper" usage of the API to declare the storage
> volatile. So ISTM that we should comply regardless of whether volatile
> is considered "morally wrong" in the general case.

Microsoft compiler implements Microsoft-specific behaviour for
volatile variables, making them close to volatiles in Java:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/12a04hfd(v=VS.100).aspx
That may be the reason they use it in Interlocked* functions.

As already been said, the thread_nt doesn't need any changes.

Eugene