[Python-Dev] funky buildbot

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:19:23 CET 2011

Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get a new buildbot in the swim of things, and it keeps
> getting into this state where the buildslave process seems caught in an
> endless loop.  Perhaps someone here knows why?

Do you have any information as to what it is doing while in the loop?

I think the only obvious "looping" I've seen with any of my buildbots
is a loop while trying to attach to the master, either because the
master was down/unreachable, rejecting connections (bad
user/password), not yet configured for my buildbot, or occasionally
because it thought the buildbot was still attached.  In that latter
case I just had to wait long enough for the status page to switch from
idle to disconnected and then try again.

-- David