[Python-Dev] Introductions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Mar 12 19:43:50 CET 2011

Welcome Ross! Glad you like the new dev guide. (Brett and the
community should be proud of their recent work on that.) Remember,
there are no stupid questions. And while occasionally it may appear as
if someone tries to bite your head off, our bite is not as bad as our
bark.

--Guido

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Ross Lagerwall <rosslagerwall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been offered commit rights for Python after making a few patches
> on subprocess and the os module.
>
> Antoine suggested that I should introduce myself on the python-dev list
> so here we go:
>
> I am a student from South Africa and decided to do some work on Python
> in my spare time. I think I chose the Python project because it
> definitely seems to be one of the friendliest projects around and the
> easiest to get started with - the dev guide helps a lot! Also, with the
> big standard library, there is place for people with all different
> levels of experience to contribute.
>
> Cheers
> Ross

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)