[Python-Dev] Suggest reverting today's checkin (recursive constant folding in the peephole optimizer)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Mar 12 22:09:17 CET 2011

Hello,

> Finally: There appears to be some disagreement on who said what, in
> particular Raymond claims that he told Antoine not to commit whereas
> Antoine claims he did not hear this feedback. I'm guessing it happened
> in IRC (#python-dev), which is intentionally not logged anywhere.

Raymond did tell me he was objecting on a patch, but unless I
misunderstood him he was talking about http://bugs.python.org/issue11462
(which he indeed closed later), not the present issue.

I agree IRC is a poor platform for making decisions (and I've probably
been guilty of this too).

Regards

Antoine.