[Python-Dev] Introductions

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sat Mar 12 23:59:58 CET 2011

In article <1299940862.1632.7.camel at hobo>,
 Ross Lagerwall <rosslagerwall at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been offered commit rights for Python after making a few patches
> on subprocess and the os module.
>
> Antoine suggested that I should introduce myself on the python-dev list
> so here we go:
>
> I am a student from South Africa and decided to do some work on Python
> in my spare time. I think I chose the Python project because it
> definitely seems to be one of the friendliest projects around and the
> easiest to get started with - the dev guide helps a lot! Also, with the
> big standard library, there is place for people with all different
> levels of experience to contribute.

Welcome, Ross!  2011 is turning out to be a good year for new
committers, if I do say so myself (and being one myself).  I hope you
get the opportunity to meet others here in person, too, to hear and see
our barks.

It was good to meet some more of you all in person, if all too briefly,
at the language summit on Thursday.  Alas, I was unable to stay for the
rest of PyCon but Ronald and I had a chance to spend some quality time
together again brainstorming issues in the OS X area.  Onward!

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org