[Python-Dev] PEP 395: Module Aliasing

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Mar 14 20:40:45 CET 2011

On 09/03/2011 16:30, P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 05:35 PM 3/4/2011 +0000, Michael Foord wrote:
>> That (below) is not distutils it is setuptools. distutils just uses
>> `scripts=[...]`, which annoyingly *doesn't* work with setuptools.
>
> Er, what?  That's news to me.  Could you file a bug report about what
> doesn't work, specifically?
Ok. I'm afraid I was relying on anecdotal evidence (the people who
wanted setuptools specific features in my setup.py told me I *had* to
use entry points for scripts instead of the standard distutils scripts
machinery). I'll try out a vanilla "scripts" entry in a setuptools
setup.py and report back.

All the best,

Michael

--