[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Thu Mar 17 11:43:20 CET 2011

On 3/17/2011 6:28 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Am 17.03.2011 09:57, schrieb Eric Smith:
>> On 3/16/2011 11:58 PM, Jesus Cea wrote:
>>> I agree that half the changesets are merges now.
>>
>> Which has basically stopped me from reviewing changes. I can't quickly
>> tell the real changes from the noise of merges.
>
> Even though every merge changeset mail has "merge" in its subject?
>
> Also, we don't really have more revisions than before: for every merge
> now we typically had a svnmerge then.  (Or not, in which case a bugfix
> wasn't applied to a branch just because it would have been a bother.)

Maybe it's just the overall volume of the commits during the sprints.
Plus, I've always thought it would be a good way to sneak malicious code
in by labeling it as an svnmerge or now hg merge, so I've tried to
review everything. I find myself slipping behind, and I'm not happy with
it. I'm just being cranky, and hg is a convenient target.

Just ignore me.