[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Mar 18 16:40:37 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:00:29 +0100, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:

> On 17/03/11 14:45, R. David Murray wrote:
> > Not if the cpython repo is in a fully merged stated.  And if it
> > isn't, I will wait until it is.  (The update notifications on the
> > IRC channel help with monitoring this.)
>
> That is repository serialization. The point of HG is to avoid that :-).

I don't think your second sentence is true.  *Allowing* non-serialized
repositories, yes; but I don't think our desire to have a relatively
serialized main repository is somehow anti-mercurial :)

We may change our mind at some point, of course.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com