[Python-Dev] Please retract my committer rights

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 19 00:15:19 CET 2011

On 3/18/2011 10:17 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> Is there a "job description" for a ctypes maintainer?

I would say a knowledge of C and C implementations, a tolerance of OS
idiosyncrasies, and an interest bridging C to Python and in particular
the way ctpes does it. (I intentionally omitted general Python knowledge.)

 > Where should we send people for more details about this request?

The tracker:
http://bugs.python.org/issue?@template=search&status=1
select Components: ctypes, enter, and take a look at some of the 42 (at
the moment) issues. Or, also select Keyword: patch (17 issues now) to
look at and possibly review some of the existing patches.

For more help, post here.

--
Terry Jan Reedy