[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:30:58 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> This is a good suggestion. I kind of remember that when working in SVN
> you could request a particular build from a particular branch. If that
> was true, we should consider something similar with mercurial. I am
> offline and can't check, thought.
>
> In fact I am thinking about being able to push a "patch" to the
> buildbots and, if the patch applies cleanly to the branch tip, actually
> apply it, build & test.
>
> That would be amazing, security aside :).

Given how easy Antoine (I think) made it for us to create server side
clones on hg.python.org, making a new clone, pushing a change to it
over ssh, then triggering a build, would be almost as nice, but with
the security of requiring registered public SSH keys on the server.

I did just poke around on the buildbot pages, but couldn't find
anything resembling the old "buiild a branch" form.

MvL/Antoine/Georg, any ideas?

Cheers,
Nick.