[Python-Dev] Draft PEP and reference implementation of a Python launcher for Windows

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Mar 20 10:36:19 CET 2011

On 3/20/2011 3:22 AM, Glenn Linderman wrote:
On 3/19/2011 7:38 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
[snip]

As both a writer and reader, I would like to just add, for instance,

#! python3

(or 3.3 or whatever) and have the launcher do the 'right thing'.
It seems to me that that really should be enough info for *nix,
but given that it is not, a program to add the required extra noise  for
a particular distribution to the first line of every module in a package
should not be too difficult.

The above would be easy for anyone to write and understand.

--
Terry Jan Reedy