[Python-Dev] Draft PEP and reference implementation of a Python launcher for Windows

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:57:51 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> On 21/03/2011 1:04 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>>
>> Can you please add a summary of this discussion to
>> the PEP? (also, can you please check in the PEP, and
>
>> give it a number?)
>
> OK, I'll check it in once I get a PEP number allocated as per PEP1, updated
> to reflect some of the discussions in this thread.

We should really update PEP 1 at some point to say that people with
commit rights are allowed to just grab the next number in the sequence
(the source repository effectively prevents conflicts if two people
happen to start PEPs at the same time). I've asked the PEP editors
about that in the past, and they were fine with the practice.

> Should I also check the reference implementation in?  Maybe next to the PEP
> text as "pep-NNNN-reference.py"?

Generally the PEP directory is just for the PEPs themselves. Attaching
scripts to tracker items is a fairly common way of publishing
reference implementations, as is sticking them in an alternate repo
somewhere.

Cheers,
Nick.