[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Mar 22 00:02:27 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:35:30 +0100
"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Having to be nitpicking here "not how you (Antoine) want us to work".
> "We" aren't using mercurial long enough to make such a statement.

Well, being directive and giving strong workflow indications seems to
be what many people are expecting of "us" (aka Georg, I, and the few
other people involved in writing the hg version of the devguide).

> I still propose to loosen this restriction, and go with that for a
> while. Perhaps improve the email hook to give more condensed reports.

The buildbot hook must then also be changed to only consider
the changegroup heads. It should be quite simple except that modified
files must be computed accross the whole bunch of ancestor changsets in
the changegroup (should be doable in the same step that computes the
heads).

Both the hooks and the devguide are modifiable by anyone (*), of course.

(*) with push access

Regards

Antoine.