[Python-Dev] Useful "hg log" trick to only see revisions in the current branch

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Mar 22 13:49:46 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:11:42 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, for anyone that wasn't already aware, "hg update" supports tab
> completion when switching branches, which can make life a bit easier
> when working with named branches.

You are the second person I've heard say this, and it is a little
misleading.  At the point at which you hit 'tab' when typing an hg update
command, hg isn't running.  So it can't be 'hg update' that supports
tab completion, it must be your shell that supports tab completion *for*
hg update.  My zsh shell does, while my bash shell doesn't: because I
don't use bash, I installed mercurial without bash-completion.

So: there is completion support for hg update for both bash and zsh.
Not sure about other shells.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com