[Python-Dev] crosses branches?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Mar 22 19:25:55 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:39:55 +0100, Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org> wrote:
> On 2011-03-22 15:11, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> > I see lots of heads, but that never prevented an update before.  How do I
> > tell which two heads are key to this case?  For completeness, here's the
> > output of hg heads in my 2.5 repository.  I only see one labelled "2.5"
> > What is the other head to which you referred?
>
> Two heads in the same branch.
> Are you sure the hg pull part worked?  When I update I see there are
> changes on the 2.5 branch which I would expect to see in your list.
> It probably never happened before because nobody committed a change to
> the 2.5 branch since you made your change.

Note that one of the changes in 2.5 was Martin fixing the compile,
so your local commit is no longer required.  What you do with that
information, I don't really know (probably a null merge, but you'll
have to figure out the state of your repo first...or you could start
over with a fresh clone).

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com