[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:40:49 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>Ah. We don't support this kind of development - no new named branches
>>are allowed in the central repository.
>
> It does sound like that restriction is a source of friction for us.

I'd like to hold off on abandoning it, though. All the issues we
currently have with applying patches wouldn't magically go away if
those changes were simple merges from named branches instead. You also
create a risk of mistakes like branching from default for a bug fix,
then merging your bug fix branch into 3.1.

Cheers,
Nick.