[Python-Dev] I plan to push faulthandler into Python 3.3 in one week

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 24 01:08:46 CET 2011

On 24/03/2011 00:05, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> What is the procedure to add a new module? Just add the code into
>> Modules and patch setup.py? The module is distributed under the BSD
>> (2-clause) license.
> Also add it to the Visual Studio build process. It either needs to go
> into pythonXY.dll (i.e. pythoncore.vcproj), or into a separate project,
> to be referenced from pcbuild.sln.
>
> Contributions under the BSD license are not acceptable. You did provide
> a contributor agreement, right? If so, you need to submit it under the
> terms of that agreement, which means that the code will be licensed
> under the PSF license (subject to PSF changes to the license). If you
> accepted contributions of others into the code, make sure they also
> filed a contributor agreement.

Although note you are still free to distribute it under whatever license
you want as an external project (you retain copyright). If you have
already signed a contributor agreement then there is no need for further
discussion of how your contributions are licensed for inclusion in
Python, that is already dealt with.

All the best,

Michael Foord