[Python-Dev] CRLF line endings

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Mar 25 14:12:53 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:12:19 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't disable the commit hook, update .hgeol to flag that file as
> requiring CRLF line endings.

Note however that we discovered that the server side hook looks at the
.hgeol file in the *server's checkout*.  I don't know if Georg or Antoine
have fixed this or not (it's a standard Mercurial plugin, so probably
not).

So, I think that once you check in the .hgeol, you have to get a server
admin to update the repo checkout on the server.  Maybe we should
set up a cron job.

But, yeah, updating .hgeol is the correct solution, otherwise you'll
just run in to the trouble when you try to merge the branch into default.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com