[Python-Dev] Python Core Mentorship program

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Mar 25 23:09:17 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> I propose to give it a rest. If you want to know what's going on
>> there, just subscribe, nobody will stop you (and if they did there are
>> plenty of public forums to complain).
>
> I thought that's exactly what I was doing; confusingly, in this
> paragraph you seem to simultaneously suggest that I stop complaining
> when I see something wrong and that I should complain when I see
> something wrong.

You misunderstood me. I meant that if for some reason you would be
refused a subscription you should complain publicly.

Apart from that correction of a misunderstanding, I don't think we
need to go back and forth more on this. The folks taking the
initiative on the mentorship list have a certain kind of environment
in mind, they've heard your objection, they are going ahead with the
policy they set. Let's see how the experiment goes. We can always
create a new public list later (though we cannot open the archives of
the original closed list).

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)