[Python-Dev] hg diff

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sat Mar 26 00:28:35 CET 2011

On 09.03.2011 06:44, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> IMO, it's "hg diff --git" that's broken, as it doesn't include the base
> revision (other formats, such as "hg export", do).

I asked about it on #mercurial.  It turns out that not including the
base changeset id in the diff is an oversight, not a choice; diffs made
by the git program actually contains a line of the form “index
694512d..e5fde8a“, so the Mercurial lead dev told me they would consider
accepting a patch making hg diff --git include such a line.

Regards